ARESCA is committed to protecting your privacy, including that of ARESCA Members and ARESCA Affiliates, participants in ARESCA work, customers, visitors to the ARESCA websites and subscribers to ARESCA mailing lists. This privacy notice addresses how ARESCA processes and safeguards your personal data collected during registration on, or during use of, our websites and IT tools, which are protected either by the the United States of America or the State of Vermont, USA. ARESCA has taken appropriate organizational and technical measures (e.g. IT security) to ensure that your personal data is protected.
Please note that ARESCA might also obtain your personal data from an ARESCA Member or ARESCA Affiliate. You agree that ARESCA may process your personal data so obtained.
Your personal data
In your interactions with ARESCA, you may be required to provide personal data such as your name and contact details, your professional title, affiliation and role, your payment information and other information that identifies or could identify you. The personal data that you provide will be used only for the purpose of ARESCA work (i.e. standardization and related activities).
The main object of processing your personal data is to fulfil the Purpose of ARESCA.
This privacy notice applies to the personal data you provide ARESCA in the following situations:
- your participation in ARESCA work, for which your agreement to the Declaration on copyright and data protection for participants in ARESCA work is required;
- your creation of an ARESCA Webstore account, and any subsequent use of your account, including for purchases;
- your use of ARESCA websites and other ARESCA IT tools;
- your subscriptions to ARESCA mailing lists; and
- any other interaction with ARESCA when you have agreed to the application of this privacy notice.
This Privacy notice also applies to your personal data that ARESCA has obtained directly or from its ARESCA Members and/or ARESCA Affiliates for fulfilment of the Purpose.
If required to do so by law or to respond to any legal claims, we may disclose your personal data to the relevant regulatory or legal authority.
Retention of personal data
ARESCA only processes personal data until the Purpose, for which it was collected, is fulfilled, or as required by law. If you have opened an account with ARESCA, ARESCA will store the data you provided for an unlimited period of time. However, you can request the deletion of your account at any time.
In addition to understanding if and how ARESCA processes your personal data and your right to withdraw your agreement to that processing, you can request access to, correction of, and deletion of your personal data at any time. You can also request that your personal data be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
How to withdraw your agreement to this privacy notice:
- if you are a participant in ARESCA work, please contact your ARESCA Secretary to which you gave your personal;
- if you have subscriptions to ARESCA mailing lists, you can unsubscribe at any time (see Third parties below for more information about how we ensure successful subscription campaigns.)
You have the right to object to the processing and request a response. If you disagree with our response to your request, you have the right to file a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
If you suspect a personal data breach, please contact the ARESCA CO data protection contact the Secretary immediately.
In order to provide you the best service possible, ARESCA may also transfer your personal data to third parties that provide back office applications for ARESCA websites, your accounts and subscriptions, and other IT tools. Third parties are bound by contractual agreements to keep your data private and secure. The third parties may process personal data abroad, i.e. in European or non-European countries. Third parties will only use personal data according to the law (FADP and/or GDPR) and exclusively for the Purpose or in your interest.
ARESCA has engaged third parties for international cloud services, for analytics and statistics, for desktop services, and for relationship building.
For subscriptions to ARESCA mailing lists, we use a service provider to help us track subscriber engagement within specific campaigns.
From time to time, we may ask our website visitors to answer survey questions about ARESCA websites, our products or categories of products. These surveys do not request any personally identifiable data from you but you may provide them voluntarily.
We use the following list of cookies:
- user-input cookies (session-id) such as first-party cookies to keep track of your input when filling online forms, shopping carts, etc.;
- authentication cookies, to identify you once you have logged in, for the duration of a session;
- user-centric security cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
- multimedia content player cookies, used to store technical data to play back video or audio content, for the duration of a session;
- load-balancing cookies, for the duration of session;
- user-interface customization cookies such as language or font preferences, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer); and
- anonymous first-party cookies to report on user interactions with our websites.
Furthermore, ARESCA collects your usage data when you access ARESCA websites. This data includes, for example, information about which browser you are using, when you accessed ARESCA websites, which operating system you use, etc. This data is stored together with the IP address of the device you are using to access ARESCA websites. They serve to optimize ARESCA websites and to personalize your user experience. ARESCA only evaluates usage data anonymously.
If any provision of this privacy notice is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will in no way be affected or impaired as long as the Purpose of ARESCA can be preserved.
ARESCA reserves the right to change or modify this privacy notice at any time. If we revise our privacy notice, we will post the changes on the website to ensure transparency.
Governing law and place of jurisdiction
Any dispute arising in connection with this privacy notice shall be governed by US law to the exclusion of its choice of law provisions, unless the GDPR or the applicable law of another country applies mandatorily.